The private sector is a competitive sector that works in conditions of constant uncertainty. Participation in a development and science cooperation project at an international level, allows companies to follow a learning path that can diversify the risk of their activity and become an investment. transcendental for some of its areas.
From CONEXX-EU we facilitate the incorporation of private sector actors in projects, solving the difficulties of acting in an unusual space, but increasingly demanded by funders and due to the characteristics of the expected results.
The main topics in which we are incorporating companies are:
Food security and sustainable agriculture
Local Economic Development
Employment and entrepreneurship
Infrastructures: transport, water and communication and information thechnologies.
In order to satisfy the above needs, CONEXX-EU offers a process to boost decentralized cooperation.
In practice, this process has the following phases:
- Territorial strategic analysis and Institutional strategic plan. The institution’s weaknesses and strengths are made visible, territorial threats and opportunities are identified, political priorities are established, and actions are ordered in a Strategic Plan and an Operational Plan.
- Training in international cooperation projects with external financing. We train public technicians in international financing processes to ensure that the institution and its projects are bankable,
- Agenda of meetings with international strategic partners. We identify international good practices linked to priorities and reach strategic alliances with different actors that reinforce the institution’s projects.
- Systematization of project management units. We establish the pertinent actions to professionalize the unit responsible for managing international cooperation projects.
- Presentation, execution and monitoring of multi-stakeholder decentralized cooperation projects. We accompany international funders in the process of presenting your institution’s projects.
Other relevant activities of CONEXX-EU with the private sector are the creation and monitoring of agendas in Brussels to contact the EU institutions and possible international strategic partners; and representation at international events in Brussels.