SPILIA: “Practising philosophy on European values with students aged 10-12” is a project funded by the Erasmus+ programme. Between 2020 and 2023, it will work with teachers and students in schools in Portugal, Spain and Belgium to organise philosophy workshops around the values of the European Union.
These workshops will be the pilot to create an informal educational programme on the topic, replicable in other European schools, offering interested teachers:
- Manual on the preparation of the workshops
- Didactic material on European values and philosophical dissertations
- Archive of videos and audios on workshops held as examples
- Pedagogical and sociological study of the pilot experience
- Access to other relevant information via a digital platform.
SPILIA’s challenge is to enable children to emancipate themselves and to awaken a civic awareness that will lead them to become enlightened actors in the European public space.
The consortium is made up of different organisations working in the fields of formal and informal education, research and development cooperation: Radio Alma (Bruselas), École Decroly – fondamental asbl (Bruselas), Entre-vues asbl (Bruselas), Universidad de Cádiz (España), Colegio de Eduación Infantil y Primaria Nuestra Señora de Gracia (España), Agrupamento de Escolas de Constância (Portugal).